New comprehensive plan
During the last decade, Lund's population has increased by 14 000 inhabitants and we believe the population will continue to increase. The municipality's objective is to make it possible to build 1200 new residences per year in order to meet the housing needs. This expansion rate produces 26 000 new residences until 2040.
The master plan shall meet the great need of new housing and workplaces. At the same time, the master plan shall reinforce an attractive living environment whilst ensuring that Lund economizes with land and resources. The conditions vary in different parts of the municipality and sustainable growth is also about a more even distribution of growth.
A growing Lund
As part of an expansive region, Lund is able to take on a leading role in the region’s development. Lund Municipality shall meet the growing populace’s need for housing and workplaces and take responsibility for ensuring the growth is balanced and sustainable, with a varied housing market and even better development opportunities for trade and industry.
In Lund Municipality, the urban districts shall in the first instance grow by means of densification in areas close to public transport so as to ensure accessibility and sustainable development. Lund shall become a growing city.
- In the municipality of Lund 26 000 residences are to be made possible until 2040. The housing market shall meet the needs of both the present and future populace’s needs and wishes.
- The urban development of the municipality of Lund requires sustainability. Lund shall primarily grow through densification in a cohesive and resource efficient structure where the agricultural land is to be preserved as far as possible.
- Lund shall take on the role of regional catalyst with innovation and knowledge-driven industry at the fore, and meet the needs of a multifaceted economy.
A green Lund
Lund shall be a pioneer and role model in sustainable urban development and work actively with the economising of earth’s resources via more efficient consumption and reduced greenhouse gas emissions. Lund shall continue to be a leader in sustainable mobility by creating more effective and sustainable transport systems and by focusing even more on the development of public transportation in its planning, as well as better conditions for pedestrians and cyclists. Lund shall become a greener municipality in which the green and blue structures are developed in order to meet expected climate changes whilst simultaneously increasing recreational values and biodiversity. Lund shall become a green city.
- The greenhouse gas emissions shall decrease with at least 80 percent by 2030 compared to 1990 and be close to zero by 2050.
- All increases in traffic in Lund shall be in terms of pedestrians, cyclists or public transport.
- The high quality blue-green infrastructure with regard to recreational and ecological values shall increase in the municipality’s urban districts and in rural areas.
A living Lund, close at hand
For those living in, working in or visiting the municipality, Lund should be an open, attractive and creative location, the obvious arena for transnational meetings and contact. Lund shall build on its opportunities to create unique blends of history and innovation, and Lund centre shall continue to develop as a lively, surprising and interesting location.
As Lund grows, it is important that social sustainable urban environments are designed to suit the diversity of people living there. Good living conditions for a heterogeneous population shall be created through close proximity and access to green environments, service and natural forums. Participation and influence will be a given, and a natural part of everyday life as an inhabitant of the city. Lund shall be a living city, close at hand.
- Lund Municipality shall be an attractive city in all regards; a place where all inhabitants can have a sense of belonging, participation and pride in living in the municipality.
- Architectural and cultural heritage shall be safeguarded and developed, whilst at the same time new value is created in order to strengthen Lund’s identity.
- Lund’s city centre shall be the obvious meeting arena for all of the municipality’s inhabitants, and its uniqueness as an exciting place to live, work and visit shall be enhanced.
New comprehensive plan!
Lund is growing. What is the best way for it to grow? This is one of the issues that Lund’s new comprehensive plan shall address. The comprehensive plan is the municipality’s long-term strategic vision document expanding our vision to 2040 and beyond. Growing entails many challenges, but Lund has many fantastic assets and opportunities to develop into an even better municipality to live and work in.
In a comprehensive plan, the municipality proposes how the land, water and the existing urban environment should be used, preserved and developed in the long term. The comprehensive plan should also provide a good overview of the plan to change overall structures and clarify the vision for future development.
How to influence
When a new master plan is developed, you have the opportunity to influence the contents. Officially, there are two occasions (during the consultation and the exhibition) where those concerned and the public are able to submit written comments on the proposal. The exhibition period opened on 3 May 2018. We needed your written comments by 4 July 2018.