Parent Teachers Association
The PTA is a group of parents working on a volunteer basis in order to build a strong and welcoming community at ISLK for the benefit of all students and their families with a close and constructive relationship with the school.
As ISLK parents you can get involved in the PTA, either by becoming a member of the organization or by helping out on certain events and activities on a case by case basis. With us, you will find many opportunities to meet, interact and socialize.
The Parent Teacher Association, PTA, is a group of parents working on a volunteer basis with the school's teachers and management to build a strong and welcoming community for the benefit of all students and their families.
We do this by:
- Supporting new students and families and helping them integrate into the school community
- Organizing social and educational needs
- Providing communication channels between families and the school
- Fund-raising for certain events
Each ISLK class should have Class Representatives to:
- Be the contact person between teachers, parents, and PTA for activities and general issues
- Provide useful information for new families concerning class routines
- Address issues to PTA chairs via class rep coordinator when concerning the whole school
- Collect parents questions for ISLK-PTA monthly meetings (to be sent to the class rep coordinator)
The Class Representatives are coordinated by the Class Representative Coordinators who:
- Promote the role of class rep to parents
- Ensure that each class will get 2 class reps (list to be published on the PTA website)
- Act as contact person for class reps and coordinates/supports collective class reps actions when several classes are impacted
- Collect questions from class reps for PTA-ISLK monthly meetings
- Bring forward issues to PTA chairs when concerning the whole school
- Share information from ISLK and PTA chair to class reps and vice versa
Class Rep Co-ordinator: Zsuzsanna Andrási Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ISLK Parent Meetings:
- 2-3 times per semester, alter between mornings and evenings.
- All parents and ISLK Management/Administration are invited.
- Opportunity for parents to raise questions, concerns and ideas as well as for the school to inform parents about current issues.
- Class Representatives and PTA collect questions or issues from parents via email before the meeting.